Heidi Hope Guerard is a photographer based in Cranston, Rhode Island, specializing in natural light, newborn sessions. In addition to running a busy studio, Heidi makes time to host workshops for photographers also interested in newborn and infant portrait photography.
Professional photographer and studio owner Heidi Guerard of Heidi Hope Photography is internationally recognized for her colorful, soft and whimsical portrait photography. Often referred to as a “baby whisperer”, Heidi’s most celebrated work is creating artistic portraits of babies from their first days of life through their first days of school.
We sat down to briefly talk about her presentation this year and also a little bit about her background in the arts.
We talked about:
– Her foundation in the arts. She has a BFA in Art Education
– How she first learned the skills to teach photography technique
– How she weaves the importance of the business with the art of photography
– How work and life can be in sync with each other
– Why outsourcing can help you focus on your strengths and make you stand out
– What she put in her proposal to Inspire that got it accepted
– Looking at the photography industry and what is changing
– Why your brand and business matters more than ever in a crowded market
Here is a small sample of Heidi's portfolio. For more, please visit her website.
Have you registered for Inspire Photo Retreats? It's right around the corner – like next week! I am really looking forward to being there and learning from people like Heidi.