Tiffinbox, at its core, is about providing solutions and resources for photographers, by building a community of “go-givers.”
Will you join me in making this happen?
For 2011 and beyond I am looking to grow Tiffinbox into something much bigger. As the diversity of guest blogs have shown in 2010, I know that a group effort is much more interesting for all.
7 Things You Can Expect From Tiffinbox In 2011?
1) Video Interviews with photographers
2) Tips on how you can use social media to grow your photography business
3) Portfolios from emerging photographers that will inspire you
4) Reviews of the following:
– popular Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets
– photography equipment
– workshop DVDs, seminars and conventions
– online solutions to streamline your studio workflow
5) More fun contests and giveaways of products you will actually use
6) Opinion-editorials on a variety of topics (some even controversial because we still need to discuss them!)
7) A brand new design that will make it easier to find and share information and connect with other photographers
Seeking Your Support
So, if you are just starting out, or, you’ve been in the photography industry, for a while, I would love to hear from you. If you have any questions, suggestions, tips or heck, even strong opinions about one topic or another, please feel free to email me at – seshu at tiffinbox dot org.
I might be able to answer your question(s) or someone who has guest blogged here might jump in. Or, even better, someone who hasn’t written for Tiffinbox before might offer an answer in the form of a quick article.
a) Guest Blogging For Tiffinbox
My heartfelt thank you’s to ALL the 2010 guest bloggers here on Tiffinbox.
If you are interested or even ready to guest blog for Tiffinbox, feel free to submit your ideas now. I am scheduling guest posts for 2011 and will publish them in the order they are received. The sooner you send me your pitch, the sooner your post will show up on the site.
If you have been following my Twitter stream @PicSeshu, you’ll know that I am pretty good about promoting the articles you see here on Tiffinbox.
The benefits of guest blogging can be summarized by these three points:
1) Helps you take the first steps in establishing yourself as a credible authority
2) Link back to your site from mine (happens to be a PR5 site)
3) Gain a loyal following of your own if you publish regularly here
b) Tiffinbox began as a labor of love. It will remain so for the most part, but I do have expenses to deal with. If you find the content here valuable, please consider the following 7 ways to support this site:
1) Express yourself. Write a guest blog post.
2) Make a small monthly donation of $1 or more (my PayPal address is – fei8ht at gmail dot com)
3) Buy the e-books you see on the right hand side of this site. I wouldn’t recommend anything if I didn’t think it was of value. Yes, I make a small commission off of each sale.
4) Buy all your camera equipment from Adorama using this affiliate link: http://www.adorama.com/?kbid=66174. Their prices are competitive and their customer service is awesome!
5) If you are into blogging yourself, consider using WordPress and the Thesis Theme (great for SEO) and Hostgator for your hosting needs. Go on click on those affiliate links and sign up.
6) Help Me Spread the word! Tell your friends, blog about Tiffinbox, Tweet or use Facebook to mention a specific blog post.
7) Sponsor a series of posts in a particular month. Contact me for details on ways that I can help publicize your company in exchange as well.
The end goal at Tiffinbox is to create a community of passionate photographers who are looking to openly learn from each other, elevate their craft and thrive in their businesses together.
Thoughts, reactions, responses, suggestions or opinions? Sound off below in the comments. I would love to hear from you, especially if it is constructive. [grin]
Happy New Year To You All!
Hey Seshu, good to watch this site grow from strength to strength, looking forwards to 2011!z
Jere Judd says
Looking forward to 2011 with Tiffinbox.
Thank you, Jere for supporting Tiffinbox and spreading the word. It’s greatly appreciated. I am also looking for your insight into how to make the site better – both through content as well as through design. I look forward to hearing from you again.
Hey Phill – thank you for the kind words. The strength is truly in the content that guest bloggers have willingly imparted here. Do consider posting an article here. I am open to hearing your ideas.