Almost a year back, I posted 5 Reasons You Should Attend The Mystic Seminars. If you don’t remember it or want to go read it, I’ll be waiting here when you get back.
Good? Hope that made sense.
5 MORE REASONS TO GO
This time I wanted to give you 5 more reasons to attend the Mystic Seminars, which take place on January 5, 6, 7 and 8.
1) Though Jerry Ghionis‘ workshop is all sold out, Joe Buissink and the WedRockers still have a few remaining spots open. (I signed up for the WedRockers, by the way). Joe is a phenomenal presenter and teacher. I’ve always enjoyed his super quiet yet powerful approach to explaining why he does what he does. He always speaks from the heart and that my friends is a huge reason in itself to listen to a master photographer. The Wedrockers see things very very differently. Let me just stop there because to describe them in any other way would be nearly impossible. Go check out their work. I think you will get what I am saying. They are super nice guys (video of them coming up soon right here).
2) If you are a vegetarian like me, or have dietary restrictions, the diverse and ample helpings during lunch are not to be missed. Walter van Dusen, the event’s founder and host, has promised me that it will be just as good as last year if not better. So, if you are a foodie like me, you won’t regret your lunches. Check out this year’s menu here. Yum!
3) If you live in a part of the world that hasn’t and will never see snow, well, you will more than likely get your fill. Tell yourself that it’s an opportunity to test your camera’s white balance settings. [grin] On a more serious note, you will get to experience winter like most New Englanders and that just may be on your list of things to do in life. Don’t forget to bundle up. Walter and his wife will always make sure there is enough coffee to keep you warm and water to keep you hydrated.
4) Andrew “Fundy” Funderburg is buying us beer. Who is Fundy? One of the sharpest minds in the business, who is always looking for ways to make our lives a little bit easier with his software programs. Check out Fundy SOS. Even if you don’t drink beer, tap him for business advice or about his next amazing product for photographers. Have you seen the new Fundy Album Builder v4.0? It’s slick! I am sure he’ll demo it and you can ask him lots of questions (which you can’t really right now, right?) about how to design and sell wedding albums.
5) The ultimate reason to go is to listen and watch some of the best in the industry. This year’s speakers include the following: Joe Buissink, Jerry Ghionis, Ben Chrisman, Sergio, Susan Stripling, DQ Studios, Becker, Andrew “Fundy” Funderburg, Jeff Newsom, Michael Greenberg, WedRockers (Fer Juaristi, David Josue, Daniel Aguilar, Rafa Ibanez), Tony Corbell, Stephanie Zettl, Melissa Ghionis, Joseph Switzer, Ray Prevost, Jacklyn Greenberg and Walter van Dusen. Yes, these speakers may appear at other conferences but they won’t be as accessible. That’s a promise.
WALTER DISHES OUT ADVICE TO 2ND SHOOTERS & MORE
Walter just told me that he is closing all new registrations on Wednesday, December 14. So, if you want in you’ll have to sign up by Tuesday, December 13.
DINNERS ON TIFFINBOX
Every person who has registered for either the seminars or the workshops AND mentions “Tiffinbox” (when registering) will be entered into a drawing. Dinner is on Tiffinbox!
Here is the ONE STEP you need to take to win your dinner (up to $60) for the first three nights, from me:
Comment below. Tell me if you are going to the event. Tell me what you think you will get out of going to this conference. To win, you have to attend the entire event. I need a name and a valid email address when you comment. If I don’t hear back from you, the prize goes to the next person I will also randomly pick.
Increase your chances of winning when you take these two steps:
a) Tweet this: “I entered into a drawing to win dinners at @MysticSeminars thanks to @PicSeshu and www.tiffinbox.org – http://seshu.me/vkDcl1”
b) Fill in your Facebook status with these words: “I entered into a drawing to win dinner at @Mystic Seminars thanks to @Seshu Badrinath and www.tiffinbox.org – http://seshu.me/vkDcl1”
I am looking for ONE winner among 100 unique comments between now and Tuesday night. So, no multiple entries. I’ll be double checking with Walter if you are indeed registered. You get to collect your prize (up to $60) in person. You have the option of joining me for dinner.
PLUS … woah!! Andrew “Fundy” Funderburg has offered to giveaway Blog Collage, to the winner. This $79 software program helps you create collages for your blog or for sharing across social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook. Check it out, snap it up!
Winner will be announced here on Tiffinbox on Tuesday at 11.59 pm EST! So come back and see if you won!