It’s not too early to be thinking about planning a Senior Rep Program for 2014. So here’s some details you should be considering to be prepared. Doesn’t matter the size of your senior pool, but the larger the graduating class, the better. Your goal is to identify and get as many applicants interested in being your rep as possible.
The main things you must determine are:
1. Whatever program you design must be best for you otherwise it will fail.
2. Determine a target area for your photography.
3. Know and understand your competition.
After you’ve designed and refined a rep program for your photography and schools, you’ll need a contract specific to your program. Unless the program is well planned and implemented it could do more harm than good. You’ll find yourself making mistakes and wasting money instead of making progress.
The following tips will help you to plan a successful rep program designed to your specifics. Remember, the program must motivate your reps to want to succeed otherwise it’s a fail.
1. Photographers love to give free photo packages to their reps, but that’s just not enough motivation. They want a good reason to do what you need teem to do.
2. Always do something besides money as an incentive. Stats show reps are more motivated by something fun like parties or going to a fun venue. How about personalized smartphone cases or personal supply of M&M’s!
3. More is better! You need at least 1 rep for 100 students.
4. Heed this warning! An ordinary girl pampered with make-up to look like a model will surpass a “supermodel” any day. That before – after shot on your site will return more money then the most popular girls.
5. Don’t forget a few male reps in the mix. They appeal to both girls and guys.
6. All your social media outlets are to be used to the max! Both by the studio and your reps. Plan a coordinated attack.
7. All your reps and better customers MUST use your logo on all their profiles online. No exception.
8. Keep close track of every rep to be certain they’re doing what you need them to and DO NOT hesitate to send them on their way if they aren’t performing to their fullest ability! This is a major issue to keep track.
Experience has proven that rewarding your reps with just photos will not produce the best results. Rather, simple rewards that improve and increase as the reps referrals improve but best to never reach your full package. You must realize that your reps are really clients with special benefits! You provide them with a variety of perks but you can still expect a decent profit from them not counting the referrals they bring to your studio. You must realize that free packages only lead to senior reps motivated by ”free deals” and that’s all. You’re truly seeking reps that will appreciate the honor of your relationship. That you will treat them very specially and involve them in special activities through their senior year.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.