Via Sree Sreenivasan
Web Designer/Producer @ csmonitor.com
The challenge of creating the visual identity and information architecture of a top news website thrills you. You care about the news and you love the thoughtful, insightful approach that The Christian Science Monitor newspaper takes towards news and world events. You are flexible enough to adapt to both a fast-paced breaking news environment and in-depth, long-term content creation. You work hard. You thrive in a team-oriented collaborative work environment. You’re great with code and Flash, too. You stay current with technical innovations and Web design trends that can result in an intuitive, easy-to-navigate, welcoming website just because you love this stuff so much.
A. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the ongoing look and quality of csmonitor.com,including its design, structure and functionality.
* Develops design solutions from a user-centered perspective and understands Web design usability issues.
B. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS (and regular contacts):
* Supervisor: Reports to Managing Editor, csmonitor.com
* Regular Contacts: Monitor employees, managers, and outside vendors.
C. JOB REQUIREMENTS (and preferences):
* Education/Experience: College degree or equivalent.
* Qualities/Traits: Ability to work with people as part of a team. The ideal designer/producer has good news judgment and editorial skills, since s/he creates online content projects in collaboration with other news producers.
* Work Environment: News demands can require working a Sunday-Thursday workweek, some holidays and when news breaks, a few odd hours.
To apply for this position:
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org